The Hoffmann Memorial Funeral Home, now Hoffmann-Gottfried-Mack Funeral Home & Crematory, first opened in 1914, under the direction of J. William Hoffmann, Richard Hoffmann's father. The facility was located at 55 Madison Street in Tiffin. It was not until 1937 that the business moved to its current location, 236 South Washington Street in Tiffin, which was formerly known as the Sewalt Mansion. To accommodate the lifestyle of a funeral home, parts of the mansion were renovated. The front rooms, foyer, and carriage house, were part of the original Sewalt Mansion, the rest of the funeral home was rebuilt to accommodate the families the funeral home served.
Richard "Dick" Hoffmann owned Hoffmann Memorial Funeral Home up until 1986, when David and Patricia Gottfried bought the funeral home from Dick Hoffmann. They changed the name of the funeral home to Hoffmann-Gottfried Funeral Home. Dave and Pat owned the funeral home until 2004.
On October 15, 2004, Robb Mack purchased the funeral home, in which he changed the name to Hoffmann-Gottfried-Mack Funeral Home. Robb finds taking care of families, as both rewarding and satisfying. He also attributes the success of the funeral home to Richard "Dick" Hoffmann and David and Patricia Gottfried.